Friday, March 21, 2014

Attempt at Cleanse: Raw till 4

Wotd is forlorn.

Spring has started and I want to cleanse up before summer starts plus tweak my entire lifestyle by adding and subtracting some habits. I'm going to Germany for a month in June. So maybe lots of beer drinking. Maybe not. I also just want to have more energy and really LOOK healthy.


I have always liked raw veganism and even lost 10 pounds going raw for a month. (I also was eating less.) But I always felt like there could be too much nut eating and that it really burned your social life. People might have lots of arguments for that. I am already vegan and feel like a weirdo when I am ordering food with omnis at not so vegan-friendly places.

"Are you sure there's no milk in this? Can you ask the chef?"

"What do you mean a 'little bit of butter'?! That is not cool."

"Yes, any wine is fine. I know I said I was vegan, but sometimes if I can't find it on Barnivore it's fair game and sometimes it's not. Today I am ok with it."

"Sugar? No, I'm cool with whatever sugar. Fish sauce is not ok though. A lot of companies don't use bone char now. I'm gambling with my veganism. It could be beet sugar. Maybe."

The amount of effort I put into my food choices. Sigh. It's a love hate relationship. No, I do like it. I really do.

Anyway, I have been following a couple raw vegans on youtube for years! and they switched to Raw till 4 regimen. I was ecstatic! This new lifestyle of theirs seems very doable. The woman looks very hot. Good sign. But then I saw another woman's instagram of her Raw till 4 lifestyle. She is absolutely gorgeous. And she eats beautiful food. It also showed me that I am not eating enough raw veggies. Which is funny because I eat a lot. But it is also what things I add to my diet like coffee, coffee, refined sugar, more refined sugar and some alcohol. So I am giving Raw till 4 a shot for 30 days.

No coffee
No alcohol
No refined sugar
No processed oils (this one is hard because I just bought a bottle of olive oil, I love it on my salads)

I start the day with 4 1/2 cups of water with or without lemon.

I have my first meals of the day be simple fruit smoothies or fruit monomeals or fruit with romaine lettuce. Bananas and dates are staples. Juices are good, too. But simple. Not too much stuff like I usually do.

Drink lots of water. Smoothie water counts toward water.

Exercise is super important! I already run at least 3 times a week for an hour. I might up this if I have more energy. I like to do yoga and exercise vids, too. I also do 100 squats a day.

Dinner is a big salad with some root veggies or corn pasta with homemade tom sauce. I usually eat whole grain pasta but this should be ok even if it has little fiber because I will be eating lots of fiber with the fruit. I am still deciding whether to take my vitamins. Tomato soup is ok and so is homemade vegetable soup.

Other things the pioneer says that are imperative is low sodium and 2500-3000 calories a day.

I feel really bad, but I am not going to follow the calorie thing. She would kill me if she knew. But thankfully my blog is really like a journal that no one reads. I am going to stick to 1200 to 1500 to 1700 calories. Maybe 2000 some days if I am very hungry.

I watched too many people post videos about weight gain and how hard it was for them to eat lots of calories. I even tried last summer to eat 30 bananas a day. It killed me. I gained 5 pounds in a week.

The second gorgeous lady doesn't eat that much I think so I am going to follow her lead a little more because she looks healthier.

I start Monday and plan to post everyday what I eat. I just took my before pictures and I am about to take my body measurements. I take my weight everyday. I will reveal all that tomorrow. I  am hoping posting about this everyday will keep me on track. Good luck to me!




                                                   
                                                     A terrible quality pic of me.
                                                    

 
A pic I accidentally uploaded, but decided it was a cute pic
of Bilf and Danny (he looks so serious and forlorn--
whoa. wotd.).









No comments:

Post a Comment