Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Stuff I Ate Today and Vegan Egg Patty Fail

      So I picked up my kittens today! They were so lovey when they got home. Especially my orange tabby. Then I walked to school. I just got accepted to grad school for physics. Over the summer I'm working with my adviser to study for the qualifying exam and work in our lab. Me and my fuzzband are taking a break for the month. Not something I would usually share but I'm starting to share these things because I don't want to act like my life is perfect. I think it's good to know all of us are going through different things. 


Strawberries. I actually let them sit in fridge too long so I cut them to freeze for smoothies. 


My Vegan Egg (Not vegan egg brand) Patty Fail! I tried to follow a recipe from Hot for Food but I didn't use medium firm tofu. I used extra firm. And I didn't add tapioca flour but xanthan gum. 1 tsp. They wouldn't fry up firm so I baked in the oven for a half an hour. They kinda hardened up. I'll still eat them anyway.


I used a veggie sausage and some english muffins to make a sandwich. The vegan egg patty was so-so. If this had vegan cheddar slices that would have helped. Definitely sticking to the Follow Your Heart Egg next time. I need to get more. 


My local grocery puts corn tortillas in ziplock baggies and I reuse them. My sandwich has Tofurky slices, spinach, mustard and tomato. 



I ate an entire small cantaloupe on the way back from school. 

Tomorrow I'm riding my bike to school. I've been really lazy about working out since school ended. Probably because I'm walking back and forth.

WOTD is elucidate- to make clear or explain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment