Monday, May 15, 2017

Edamame Hummus and What I ate today and 5 recipes!

Today I have real bad cramps. It sucks. I woke up at 6 am to bring my two kittens to get neutered. My kittens are 11 months old now! No! Wow I didn't realize I waited so long to get them fixed.

So today I had a weird eating day.

Breakfast was...coffee with sugar. With Back to Nature lemon cookies. I ate about 11 of them.

I ate 3 bananas.

A sandwich with roasted portabello mushrooms and edamame hummus.

For dinner I had a homemade potato soup, a salad with portabello mushrooms, carrots and cucumbers and homemade croutons from old bread. Italian dressing.

Whoa there is at least super easy 3 recipes in here.

For dessert, my mom had some accidentally vegan pillsbury apple cookies and it's my friend's birthday so I whipped them up. They have food coloring in them which is not vegan!! Because it's tested on animals but technically it is not made of animals. I don't feel that bad because my mom didn't buy it she got it from a free store where big box stores donate food. And my mom had had it for a year! And was going to get rid of it. I don't know about how all vegans feel about food coloring because for the longest time I was eating shit tons of swedish fish and skittles when they took the gelatin out. But it's bad for animals and it apparently is bad for us too.

I ate about 7 of those cookies.

Later I'm going to have some sleepy time tea.


 Potato Soup

2-3 medium potatoes
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
3/4 t salt
1/2 t pepper
2 T veggie bouillon
1 cup carrots
3 cups water

Boil potatoes and carrots until soft. Drain. Add everything to blender and blend. Done.


Edamame Hummus

I got this recipe offline and tweaked it. No olive oil so I subbed vegetable oil.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/edamame-hummus-recipe

Ha yup that's it.



Roasted Portabella Mushrooms

Portabello mushrooms
balsamic vinegar
oil of whatever kind

Preheat oven to 350 F. Grab a baking sheet or glass pan and line with baking parchment. Put mushrooms upside down like umbrellas and drizzle with oil and balsamic vinegar then stick in oven for 15-20 minutes.



Homemade Croutons

These are best with breads without all the preservatives and shit. I used white plain french bread with three ingredients.

Old bread
italian seasoning
onion powder
garlic powder

Cut the bread up into little crouton sizes and put in a layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with all the spices. Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes or until crispy but not super burnt.

Those some sad-ass recipes, huh. Oh, well. Cooking already takes too long! But I do it anyway because it's way cheaper!!



Got a free cantalope and dollar bunch bananas from the farmer's market! I always get good deals. 

And that's it. Can't wait to see my babies (my cats) tomorrow morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment