Thursday, September 10, 2015

Sweet Chili Sauce and Spring Rolls

While the spring rolls at Pho Lang Thang are better, it's nice to know I can make a version at home.
 
 
 
My wrap isn't the best either. I'm pretty sure I've posted about these but I thought I would again because I'm just in the habit of making them and it's not that hard to change your diet habits if you just start changing them. I read somewhere that we only eat about the same 10 or less (?) meals all the time! I need to get better at trying new things, too, but this is one of the meals I've rotated in over the years.
 
 
This one has mushrooms, cilantro, rice noodles, carrots and my version of rotkohl (red cabbage).
 
 
This is the sweet chili sauce I made. I took it right off Allrecipes. I really liked it was pretty spicy if you want to lay off the pepper flakes.
 
Sweet Chili Sauce Recipe
 
-1 c water
-1 c vinegar
 (rice is what they said but I used white)
-1 c sugar
-2 tsp red chili pepper flakes
-3 tsp tapioca flour
(cornstarch is what they said and mine was a little thin but I don't mind it)
-1 tsp minced garlic
-2 tsp minced ginger
 
Boil water and vinegar and then add everything except tapioca flour. Simmer for 5 minutes and then add tapioca flour. Stir a lot. My tapioca flour got clumpy and I had to put it in the blender. Then put in a container in fridge after it cools a little.
 
 
WOTD- one for physics- delta dirac
 
one for German- ewig- eternal
 
one for writing- impavid- fearless
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment