Saturday, September 12, 2015

Late Night Baking

I love baking. The biggest reason I do it though is because growing up if my family ran out of dessert I was just not capable of going without and would rummage through the cupboards to see what I could make. Sometimes it was chocolate chip cookies but mostly peanut butter cookies. When I got older it was "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World". And my mom loved the green tea cupcakes.
And today as I'm almost 30, I still bake up stuff when I need dessert. Mostly, I only crave chocolate stuff. And I almost always have everything I need to make chocolate cake. My go-to egg substitute is flax seed, but I think I need to try Vegg. I'm slowly working to create the perfect decadent chocolate cake.
So last night at 11pm after studying all day, I baked a cake because everything (any place I could get vegan dessert in walking distance) was closed and I needed something sweet. I almost had everything except I used Earth Balance shortening for the icing and it's not so good. It has a waxy feel. I should have used Earth Balance butter. I recommend using the recipes in "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World". The icing recipe turns out better. Well, I have to get ready to study again. Blah.

WOTD is Kronecker Delta.

No comments:

Post a Comment