Monday, May 26, 2014

Zen Vegetarian House

When I went running yesterday I saw this place and I ran inside and they said all their stuff was vegan! So I went today instead of Blossom Du Jour. It was also cheaper, a shorter walk, and today is Memorial Day so the trains were on a different schedule.

I made a video going to this place just to show how it's kind of hidden. The rusty sign made it look like it might be closed down.


 
Yes!

 
Quaint inside. Nice lady behind the counter.

 
I got the mango chicken lunch special because all the yelpers said it was good. I didn't realize how much mango would be in it. I had already eaten 4 mangos the last two days so I was kind of tired of it, but it was still good. The hot and sour soup was a taste I was not used to, but I haven't eaten the other one for quite some time. They had brown rice! The whole meal was $6.50. $7.10 with tax. What a great lunch deal. I liked the texture of the chicken, too.

 
I almost didn't want to get the ice cream because I had felt really good about spending under $10. I could't help it though because when I am at chinese places in my hometown they only have dairy ice cream. This place is like your average chinese place except vegan! I have only dreamed of a place like this.

 
I got cookies and cream. It was so good. And you get a lot for $3.50. $3.80 with tax.
So I spent $10.90. Awesome.
 
(WOTD is podocarpus.some kind of plant?)

No comments:

Post a Comment