Saturday, May 24, 2014

Dun-well's

 
I finally went to Dun-well's! Yes, I had some vegan donuts. It was pure ecstacy. Which I have never done. So it was pure satisfaction.

 
It was smaller inside than I thought. It was very cute. Below the donuts you can see their old-timey baking equipment.

I got the Homer Simpson donut and an original glazed. They were $2.50 a donut. Which I thought was fine, even great. If it was any cheaper I probably would have eaten more. I had just gotten to NYC a half an hour before this. Bags heavy and killing my back I tried to find the subway that I had never been on before. I finally found it after some much needed help. Then I got lost getting to the place I was staying at for a half hour.Then when I got to Bakersfield's sister's house I didn't know the door self-locked and I placed my purse and her keys inside first and turned around to get my suitcase and Blamo. Locked out. For 30 seconds I had a semi nervous breakdown. But then her roommate texted me to knock on the neighbor's downstairs (apparently it's connected or something, idk). But a sleepy angel of a man (for letting me in) in a white robe and with sleep in his eyes came to the rescue. I immediately plopped my stuff down and left for Dun-well's. So I sit down, take a picture and take a bite. Holy shit. Amazing. Just how I remember chowing down on Krispy Kreme many a year ago.
 
When I get back I would like to make donuts with my friend Pierce.

No comments:

Post a Comment