Monday, September 22, 2014

Babushka and Candy Bacon

These Pierogies are amazing. They are locally made by two amazing women. One of whom I know lives OTR (or damn near). They make ones with real cheese and meat I think. At Park+Vine we get these vegan potato cheddar and saurkraut ones. Super yum. I think of it as a quick snack or nice side when I am eating salad or steamed veggies. (I feel like I need to say when companies have meat ones, too. The other day someone had our vegan goetta and then ate meat goetta somewhere else because they didn't know. Sad face.)
 
 
I tried another Phoney Baloney Coconut Bacon! This one is candied and I put it on some vanilla soy ice cream.



 
It was very good and just the right balance of sweet and salty and bacon. I had seconds.


No comments:

Post a Comment